We decided to sneak in one last wine tasting before year end, on the uniquely Japanese Emperor's Birthday holiday on Saturday December 23.
In tribute to our distinguished Emperor, we will frame our tasting with wines of aristocratic lineage, including Comtes de Dampierre Champagne, Real Companhia Velha (the 'Old Royal Company'), and Port wines bearing the Royal Oporto label.
To fill out the tasting we will be pouring some of our geekiest wines. Unlikely to grace the Emperor's table in the near future, but very memorable selections. For those who want to try a top quality Tinta Francisca varietal wine, this is your chance!
We plan to put out about 10 of our highest quality items, wines very suitable to the upcoming Christmas and New Years celebrations. According to the size of the crowd, we may pull out additional bottles.
Appropriately to the holiday, we will make sure there are some crown jewels!
Signup is now open, wine list to appear shortly.
aux nuages – 'Emperor's Birthday' tasting
When: December 23 2017 (Saturday day) 3 – 6 pm
Where: Nishi-azabu Bridgehouse (near Hiroo station)
- Comtes de Dampierre - Grande Cuvée Brut NV
- Dampierre's signature style, 65% Chardonnay/35% Pinot Noir, mature and rich on the palate
- Comtes de Dampierre - Cuvée des Ambassadeurs Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Brut NV
- A classic Blanc de Blancs from the top Côte des Blancs villages
- Bodegas Albamar - Alma de Mar 2014 (Spain / Rias Baixas)
- A tiny cuvée of mineral Albarino from a single vineyard just steps from the Atlantic Ocean
- Real Companhia Velha - Branco da Quinta das Carvalhas 2015 (Portugal / Douro)
- Blend of the finest white Douro grapes showing great freshness and finesse on the palate
- Château Fabre-Gasparets - Viognier 'Chimère' 2014 (France / Corbières organic)
- Barrel fermented low yielding Viognier grown from Condrieu vine clippings - a real knockout!
- Château Fabre-Gasparets - 'Rosine' 2015 (France / Corbières organic)
- A fine gastronomic Cinsault-driven blend finished in barrel and appropriate for all seasons
- Famille Fabre - 'L'Équilibre' 2014 (France / Corbières unsulphured)
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon natural wine - all freshness and elegance on the palate
- Famille Fabre - 'Lux de Luc' 2014 (France / Corbières unsulphured)
- A 95% Grenache / 5% Syrah special natural wine cuvée - only 3000 bottles made
- Real Companhia Velha - Tinta Francisca da Quinta das Carvalhas 2013 (Portugal / Douro)
- A very rare varietal wine from the Tinta Francisca variety, only 3000 bottles made
- Dominio Basconcillos - Viña Magna Reserva 2011 (Spain / Ribera del Duero)
- A well structured Reserva from one of the highest altitude locations in Ribera del Duero
- Bodegas y Viñedos Alto Sotillo - Rubiejo 'Evolución' 2011 (Spain / Ribera del Duero)
- a classic traditional style Tempranillo from a rising star in the Ribera del Duero region
- Real Companhia Velha - Royal Oporto Aged 20 Years Tawny Port NV (Portugal / Douro)
- a benchmark Tawny at the crossroads between young and old Port