'Douro Nouveau' tasting
Our next wine tasting focuses on two new producers from the Douro region of Portugal.
Long famed for Port wines, the Douro river valley has become very fashionable for elegant table wines based on the many microclimates and 100+ grape varieties native to this stunningly beautiful region. Our new shipment arrived in Japan exactly at the same time as this year's Beaujolais Nouveau. Hence the whimsical title Douro Nouveau we have chosen for this event. However the name is also meant to encourage you to take a new look at this region which is charming wine lovers worldwide.
The two Quintas featured at this tasting are a study in contrasts. The first is Quinta das Carvalhas, one of the great iconic and picturesque Douro vineyards, with a demarcated history going back to the mid-18th century. The second is Quinta do Pôpa, a trendier, more youthful label producing very elegant and refined wines from an excellent siting overlooking the Douro river.
We are very proud to introduce these two producers to the Japanese market, and believe you will share our enthusiasm. And rest assured - we will throw some very nice Port wines into the mix!
Details on these new producers to appear shortly on our web site.
aux nuages – 'Douro Nouveau' tasting
When: December 3 2017 (Sunday) 3 – 6 pm
Where: Nishi-azabu Bridgehouse (near Hiroo station)
- Real Companhia Velha Espumante Bruto 2013
- Quinta do Popa DOC Douro Branco 2016
- Quinta do Popa Black Edition Branco 2015
- Carvalhas Branco 2015
- 92 pts Wine Advocate (Robert Parker) / 92 pts Wine Spectator
- Quinta do Popa DOC Douro Tinto 2014
- Quinta do Popa Black Edition Tinto 2014
- Quinta das Carvalhas Touriga Nacional 2014
- Wine Spectator Top 100 Wines of 2017 (#50 - 90 pts)
- Quinta das Carvalhas Reserva Tinto 2014
- Quinta do Popa 'VV' (Vinhas Velhas) 2013
- 'Old Vines', field blend from 80-90 year old vines - 95 pts Wine Enthusiast
- Quinta do Popa Art Projects Series 'In the Flesh' 2012 (1 liter format)
- match of 'film noir' art work and winemaking style, interesting and unique
- Carvalhas 'Vinhas Velhas' Tinto 2014
- 'Old Vines', field blend from c.100 year old vines - 94 pts Wine Enthusiast
- Quevedo 10 year old Tawny Port
- Royal Oporto Colheita 2000 Port