Our next wine tasting salutes the advent of spring and the upcoming hanami season.
Appropriately to hanami season, we will give prominent position to pink wines. We start with an unusual Rosé Port wine and conclude with a flight of very fine Champagnes including a top quality Rosé!
Along the way we will taste through a flight of interesting white wines, more rosés, and reds in both lighter and fuller styles. To finish a flight of fine Champagnes to refresh your palate.
Altogether we will put out 13-14 high quality wines that salute spring around the corner. These wines will be offered at special prices on the day - a great chance to stock up for your own hanami celebrations!
Fun fact: Rosé Port wine is one of the only natural wine matches with Japanese azuki bean sweets - did you know that? Try it yourself with a cup of green tea afterwards - you will be impressed!
Signup is now open.
When: March 18, 2018 (Sunday) 3 – 6 pm
Where: Nishi-Azabu Bridgehouse (near Hiroo station)
- Quevedo Port Wines - Quevedo Rosé Port NV (Portugal / Douro)
- a fruity and appetizing variation on Port wine with lots of berry aromas, a rare match for Japanese sweets! - suitable on its own or mixed with berries and mint on ice
- Quinta do Romeu - DOC Douro Reserva Branco 2014 (Portugal / Douro) [organic, undergoing biodynamic certification]
- a refreshing organic wine from 10 indigenous Douro white grapes - from a special microclimate in a remote location in northern Portugal
- Adega Sameirás - Sameirás 2014 (Spain / Ribeiro) [biodynamic techniques]
- A lovely handcrafted white from 5 indigenous Galician grapes, made under biodynamic techniques with extraordinary focus on the soil and ecology
- Adega Sameirás - Sameirás '1040' 2013 (Spain / Ribeiro) [biodynamic techniques]
- Limited edition barrel-fermented wine, an homage to Galicia's noble white grapes - four varieties blended in equal amounts, only 2,660 bottles produced!
- Quinta do Romeu - DOC Douro Rosé 2015 (Portugal / Douro) [organic, undergoing biodynamic certification]
- a fruity rosé from Douro grapes Tinta Roriz, Touriga Nacional, and Tinto Cão - harvested on 'fruit' and 'root' days in accordance with the lunar cycle
- Château Fabre-Gasparets - 'Rosine' 2015 (France / Corbières) [organic]
- A fine gastronomic Cinsault-driven blend finished in barrel and appropriate for all seasons
- Quinta do Romeu - DOC Douro Tinto 2015 (Portugal / Douro) [organic, undergoing biodynamic certification]
- an easy drinking, good value organic red from 4 indigenous Douro grapes - from a special microclimate in a remote location in northern Portugal
- Famille Fabre - St Michel le Grand 2014 (France / Corbières) [organic]
- a nice organic offering from the south of France blending Syrah, Carignan, Grenache, and Mourvèdre - spicy elements on the nose, good balance and length
- Dominio Basconcillos - Basconcillos 6 meses 'ecologico' 2013 (Spain / Ribera del Duero) [organic]
- a fine organic Tempranillo from a high altitude location in the legendary Ribera del Duero region, aged for 6 months in barrel
- Dominio Basconcillos - Basconcillos 12 meses 'ecologico' 2010 (Spain / Ribera del Duero) [organic]
- a fine organic Tempranillo from a high altitude location in the legendary Ribera del Duero region, aged for 12 months in barrel
- Herdade São Miguel - 'Escolha dos Enólogos' 2011 (Portugal / Alentejo)
- The 'school of winemaking' - a full-bodied blend of Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, and teinturier grape Alicante Bouschet from southern Portugal
- 1912 Winemakers - 'Encosta do Bocho' Tinto Reserva 2009 (Portugal / Douro)
- a fine and complex red from a special selection of four indigenous Douro grapes - includes a significant contribution from very old vines
- Comtes de Dampierre - Grande Cuvée Cru Brut NV
- Dampierre's entry level Champagne - 65% Chardonnay primarily from Avize/35% Pinot Noir mostly from Bouzy, a lovely rich Brut
- Comtes de Dampierre - Cuvée des Ambassadeurs 1er Cru Brut NV
- Top quality 1er cru Champagne - 70% Chardonnay/30% Pinot Noir from mostly Grand Cru villages, rich and complex
- Comtes de Dampierre - Cuvée des Ambassadeurs 1er Cru Brut Rosé NV
- Dampierre's award winning Rosé - 85% Chardonnay from Vertus/15% Coteaux Champenois from Montagne de Reims