This event was finished
We had a lot of fun at our Emperor's Birthday tasting on December 23 and decided to hold a sequel!
So prepare yourself for the 'King David's Birthday' tasting on Saturday January 13.
The basic plan is similar to the last tasting although the wines are mostly different. We start in Champagne, take a short detour through northern Spain, rampage briefly through southern France, and finish up with some wonderful Portuguese wines (including Port of course).
Along the way we will visit some of our geekiest wine selections, including at least one interesting (and very appropriately named) wine that is not currently available in Japan.
We plan to put out about 12-13 of our highest quality items, with a focus largely on red wines suitable to the winter season. Most of the wines are new faces, but a few that were popular at the last tasting will reappear this time as well.
Signup is now open, wine list will be available shortly.
'King David's Birthday' tasting
When: January 13, 2018 (Saturday) 3 – 6 pm
Where: Nishi-azabu Bridgehouse (near Hiroo station)
This event was finished
Champagne - White
- Comtes de Dampierre - Cuvée des Ambassadeurs 1er Cru Brut NV
- Top quality 1er cru Champagne, 70% Chardonnay/30% Pinot Noir from mostly Grand Cru villages, rich and complex
Champagne - Rosé
- Comtes de Dampierre - Cuvée des Ambassadeurs 1er Cru Rosé NV
- Dampierre's award winning Rosé, 85% Chardonnay from Vertus/15% Coteaux Champenois from Montagne de Reims
- Davide "Duo" 2015 (Spain / Rias Baixas)
- We start off with King David, an unusual blend of Albariño and Godello from the Atlantic coast - not available in Japan!
- Bodegas Albamar - Albamar 2013 (Spain / Rias Baixas)
- Fine mineral Albariño blended from numerous tiny parcels right at the source of some of the world's best quality seafood
- Bodegas Albamar - Pepe Luis 2014 (Spain / Rias Baixas)
- A barrel fermented Albariño micro-cuvée from a single parcel just steps from the Atlantic Ocean (only 1500 bottles made!)
- Bodegas Albamar - 'Fusco' 2013 (Spain / Ribeira Sacra)
- Soft and delicate 100% Mencía varietal from one of the most dramatic vineyard landscapes in the world!
- Famille Fabre - 'L'Équilibre' 2014 (France / Corbières unsulphured)
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon natural wine - all freshness and elegance on the palate
- Famille Fabre - 'Lux de Luc' 2014 (France / Corbières unsulphured)
- A 95% Grenache / 5% Syrah special natural wine cuvée - only 3000 bottles made
- Château Fabre-Gasparets - 'Chimère' lieu dit 'la Serre' 2012 (France / Corbières-Boutenac)
- Carignan-driven blend of southern French wine grapes from the finest little corner of the vast Corbières region!
- Quinta do Pôpa - Pôpa 'TR' Tinta Roriz 2012 (Portugal / Douro)
- an unusual high quality Tinta Roriz single-variety wine, made with the original foot treading method in traditional lagares
- Quinta do Pôpa - Pôpa 'VV' Vinhas Velhas 2013 (Portugal / Douro)
- a soft and complex blend of 20+ varieties from old vines of over 80 years of age - a must try!
- Quevedo Port Wines - LBV (Late Bottled Vintage) 2011 Port (Portugal / Douro)
- a very popular benchmark LBV from a top year, one of the finest LBVs available in the market
- Quevedo Port Wines - Vintage 2007 Port (Portugal / Douro)
- a smooth and silky Vintage Port in a drier, more modern style - good now or for decades into the future!